How To Book A Venue? All You should Know!
You’ll have to make a number of decisions while arranging an event, but the one that will have the most impact on your event is selecting on the right venue and location. The venue and location you pick determines everything about the event, including the date, speaker lineups, food options, and participant experience.
Isn’t this a little intimidating? However, it is not necessary that everyone should feel like same. There are some pointers on when to make a decision, what to think about, and how to improve.
Consider these points whenever you book an event venue!
- Location: You’ve probably already considered this. You may be looking for a location within a fair distance of most guests’ homes or places of business for a local event.In any case, don’t forget to think about traffic, transit, and parking.
- Parking: This is certainly something you’ve previously pondered. You may be looking for a location within a fair distance of most guests’ homes or places of business for a local event. A site near to the airport or their hotels will be useful if a significant number of guests will be arriving from out of town. In any case, don’t forget to think about traffic, transit, and parking.
- The capacity of the hall: Let’s say you’ve booked a hall with a capacity of 500+ people, but in the event of an emergency, such as a fire or other similar disaster, evacuating the guests would be difficult. Therefore, my recommendation is to reserve at least 50 additional seat locations to avoid such mishaps.
- Taking contract and knowing its flexibility: Obtaining a written contract with the venue provider is essential, as changing the event site is likely the last thing on your mind. Given the pandemic’s high level of unpredictability, it’s a good idea to negotiate flexible contract terms with your venue, since your event may be postponed or canceled owing to unanticipated circumstances.
- Services and other basic amenities: Is the location equipped with a kitchen and restrooms, as well as the ability to cater your event? If this is the case, how much do these supplementary or additional services cost? Is there personnel to set up and clean up? ,Do you have access to linens, tables, and chairs? Before reserving event space, you should be aware of the following questions.
- Ambiance: Pay great attention to the venue’s current decor. What architectural style does the structure have, and what message does the interior convey? You’ll probably require different venue accommodations for a gala than you would for an exhibition.
The less the environment matches the ideal mood of your event (upscale, high-tech, etc.), the more decoration you’ll need to compensate.